29 Jun Local SEO Agency Miami
Local SEO Agency: Keyword Research
Keywords are central to modern digital marketing. They’re used in paid ads as well as organic strategies like SEO and content marketing. Most people use tools like Google’s Keyword Planner to find keywords relevant to their industry and assume that’s enough for them to gain more leads. At Rio X, we firmly believe that marketers should research keywords more thoroughly. Here are some tips that can help:
1. Identify Different Types of Keywords
You can include different types of keywords into your content and website and each type has a purpose.
• Generic keywords attract the attention of the search engines and show them what your website is all about. They target a wide range of people and tend to have the lowest conversion rate.
• Long-tail keywords are specific and attract niche audiences. They’re often location-specific or talk about a particular product. For example, keywords like “best graphics designer in Myrtle Beach” are location specific and will attract users who’re most likely to convert. It’s important to include these in your content.
• You should also consider the difference between keywords that draw organic research traffic and ones that draw converting traffic. Both of them should be included in your content.
2. Make a List of the Topics and Trends Relevant to Your Industry
Make a list of topics, questions, and interests relevant to your industry and popular among your target audience. For example, if you’re a gardening tools supply company, your lists will include best plants for colder climates, water conservation, hot climates, etc. You can create a list of topics and a list of relevant keywords for each topic. This will ensure you have a number of relevant and effective keywords that fit in perfectly with your content.
4. Look at Competitor Websites
You should also source keywords from your competitor’s website. Choose your most successful competitors and use a keyword tool to identify their keywords. You can add them to your list of words to use after you’ve researched them briefly. All you need to do is search the keywords they use and look at the results. That will help you determine if those keywords are the right fit for you.